The children in FS2 have had a great day today celebrating the Coronation of King Charles III. We have been taking part in the following activities:
- Collaging in our floor books.
- Writing “time capsule” notes about what the children know they will be doing over Coronation weekend.
- Designing and making their own crowns and finger painted union jacks.
- Deciding what jewels will make the crown look best on the lighbox.
- A celebration assembly with the rest of KS1.
- Watched a video about the Coronation. Many of the children liked watching this and you can find it here: https://coronation.gov.uk/inside-the-coronation/
Many thanks to the efforts all the families have gone to in terms of the red, white and blue theme. It really added to a sense of excitement. We wish all of you a happy Bank Holiday weekend, whether that involves any Coronation celebrations at home or not.