- Y1 – Art / REThe children listened to the Christian parable of The Lost Sheep and thought about the moral of the story. They then made their own paper plate sheep using card and cotton wool !
- Y1 – RE / ComputingToday, we listened to the Christian story of ’The Good Samaritan’. We thought about Jesus’ message to love thy neighbour and who our neighbours are. The children then used the Activ inspire app on the laptops to label different characters from the story with key adjectives. Through this activity, the children were able to practise […]
- Y1 – REToday in our RE lesson the children listened to the story, ’Whoever you are’ by Mem Fox. We discussed what the message behind the story was and then used this learning to help us sort some key words into a venn diagram to see if they are experienced by all people or are different.
- Y4 Oakes Residential Day ThreeDay Two ended with campfire, with a sing-a-long and hot chocolate. Day Three began with FOUR birthday celebrations, then continued with several games and activities. As I write, children are on their final game, before they have some free time to finish off an amazing three days. Our thanks go to all the staff at […]
- Y4 Oakes Residential Day TwoToday has seen more endeavour from our amazing Y4s. As everyone had a great night’s sleep, we’ve seen full participation in all the activities again. Our RE learning today has been about finding out more about what Christians believe Jesus’ life was like. We’ve got campfire coming up soon, so will post the photos from […]
- Y4 Oakes Residential Day OneOur first day at the Oakes has been fantastic! The children have, of course been amazing and have given every single challenge and activity their very best efforts. The weather (and the food!) have been kind to us, and as always the Oakes team leaders have been exceptional. As part of our RE learning, children […]