Some of the last learning Year 3 completed for their Pole to Pole topic was to understand climate change:
- What it is,
- How humans are causing it,
- The effects on the world’s biomes (espeically the polar region),
- What we can do about it.
To do this, we:
- Used maps to understand what a geographical change means.
- Use videos and texts to usnderstand the topic.
- Carried out P4C sessions taking on the roles of individuals with different viewpoints and responsabilities.
- Undertook and experiemtn to model the melting of the ice caps, see the pictures below.