Dore Primary School Dress Code
Staff and Governors ask all parents to support us in ensuring that all pupils follow the dress code.
We would strongly recommend that you purchase school uniform, coats and waterproofs that allow your child to be warm and dry during any outdoor learning, playtimes and lunchtimes.
Children in Foundation Stage, Y1 and Y2 access year-round outdoor learning as part of their daily provision, so warm clothing and waterproof outerwear is essential to be worn everyday.
The coats and waterproofs on School Trends are not part of our school uniform, but provide a guide for what you may want to buy, and are a good value option.
Any funds raised by the sale of school uniform are used to improve school resources.
ALL CLOTHES AND SHOES SHOULD BE CLEARLY NAMED.
- School Trends royal blue sweatshirt / hoodie / cardigan / fleece with school logo
- Polo shirt in white or navy, preferably with school logo
- Plain dark grey or black trousers / shorts / jogging bottoms* / leggings* / skirt / pinafore dress * no branded logos
- Checked blue and white dresses may be worn in the summer months, but are not suitable for outdoor learning sessions
- Plain black, grey or white socks or tights
- Sensible footwear – ideally plain trainers, shoes or boots. Waterproof materials are best.
- Watches may be worn at the parent’s discretion, but must be removed for PE lessons NB – smart watches are not allowed
- Any child with pierced ears must wear studs only. No other jewellery, including friendship bracelets, is allowed
- No nail varnish, tattoos or make up
- Caps for outdoor play in the summer months are allowed
If children wear trainers and shorts, leggings or jogging bottoms as part of their everyday school uniform, they do not need a separate PE kit.
- Dore Primary School Sports Day t-shirt / plain white or navy school logo t-shirt or polo shirt
- Plain black / dark grey shorts or leggings
- Sweatshirt, hoodie or fleece
- Jogging bottoms
- Trainers suitable for indoor and outdoor use
- Long hair must be tied up during PE – please provide hair ties if necessary
- Earrings must be removed / taped up during PE lessons. Parents are responsible for providing medical tape to do this.
Outdoor Learning Kit:
- Regular school uniform – suitable for being outdoors
- Waterproof footwear: wellies or hiking boots are ideal
- Waterproof coat and trousers
- Woolly hats and gloves / Cap and sun cream as per weather forecast
- It is useful to keep a spare pair of socks in your child’s bag, in case of wet feet